Monday, January 4, 2016

A New Year!


Happy New Year everyone!

I hope everyone was able to have a fun and safe New Years! As for me,
I enjoyed over an hour of fireworks on the roof of my apartment! It
was heaven for me, and I was so happy that I didn’t miss a second year in a row. There were a few of the fireworks that were just exploding 10 or 15 feet away, and so at one point we had to move to the other side of the building.  The other elders were able to overnight for that, and then the following day we were able to meet up for a catholic mass, which was quite different from what I’m used to, but quite cool as well.

I went on a mini split this week with Elder Jensen again because on
our split a few weeks ago we met a super cool woman on the bus! As I
got on the bus with my Christmas tree that I got for free, she was
laughing about it and we struck up a great conversation. She told us
how she was alone for the holidays with her boys, and so we asked if
she wanted a visit. Well, this week we visited her on the 31st and we
had dinner and kind of had a base lesson. So, she may be working with
the other elders, but she is officially a new investigator! Neat
right?

On the mini split a few days ago, we went by on a member that hasn’t
come to church for a while, and I had the feeling to talk to a guy
that was walking our way. I was a little nervous since he seemed busy
and his kids were running around, so I contacted him asking him about
the family. He then called his little boys back, and told us how happy
he was that we contacted him! He had seen missionaries all the time,
but was never sure if we spoke German, and he always wanted to know
what it is that we do. I asked if we could talk for a few minutes, and
so we walked to a park and told him about the restoration and
explained why it does matter which church you join. One of the most
prepared Germans I think I have ever met!

I’ve gotta go, but I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment