Monday, August 25, 2014


Another week gone by like a bullet. Welcome all, this is Kevin reporting from Germany the land where it is actually cool to wear fanny packs at my age!

So last week I wrote about the two Daniels that we are teaching, and I am proud to say that we have baptismal dates for both of them, and both are native Germans, which is awesome! This week I found out how much I actually click with the younger one. He and I talked all about video games while we were traveling, and then we found out how much we both love long boards! He told me that the next lesson we have he is going to bring two boards for afterward. I can't help but say that I am a little excited!!

Many people use their parents’ religion as an excuse not to care. Religion is a thing for old people here. Not only was I told that by missionaries, but by kids here too. Sad they can't see.

Transfer calls are the first week of September. I personally believe I will stay in Cologne, because I think I have work to do and to work with Daniel. I do think Elder Arts and I will split up, but another transfer would be great

This week we also helped a guy put up a massive fence in his yard. He was a way cool guy and we helped out for 8 hours and then had one of the best BBQs I've ever had. We also had this amazing thing called a doener. They are delicious except they are like bricks. You eat them and then the water in your stomach solidifies them.

Lastly, this week we had an awesome speaker from church headquarters and it really helped pumped me up to work harder. I also got to see a bunch of the guys I came out with! At that conference we had 11 of the 20 of us that got sent to the Frankfurt area. Pretty neat!

I wish I had more to write about this week, but we actually had a lot of appointments fall out on us this week. Love it here but still very much proud of home! We see American flags alllll over clothing and purses. I even saw a few Michigan Wolverine hats, too bad they don't know what it actually means. Hope everyone has a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment