Wednesday, May 28, 2014


I am officially over half way through the MTC!! I have less than three weeks to go! 20 full days including today.

The days are starting to blur, and starting to become all the same. It's so crazy because it seems like it has been so long since I've seen my family, but at the same time it seems like it was just yesterday..quite odd. I have continued to meet new people and make new friends. It's so awesome because it feels like we have known each other forever. I have been running into friends from school all over the place, and so it doesn't seem so bad here. Unfortunately there's not a whole lot of time to stop and talk. Most of the time we have to talk is during mealtimes. That’s also the time where we can become very mischievous...

Just yesterday we were sitting down at the lunch table and one of the elders in my district spiked another elder’s tapioca pudding with a bunch of salt. I didn't even notice anything, but he’s like, "Oh nasty who put salt in my pudding!". Right after he spat out what was in his mouth he began hurling into an empty bowl. It was quite disgusting, but at the same time it was just so funny for some stupid reason. Note: Everything in the MTC is far funnier than in the real world, and this is known (by me) as "MTC Humor".

Another example of dumb things we do, is modify our surroundings. Just this weekend, the departing Russian missionaries put duct tape and paper towel over the vents in the bathroom, and duct taped bed sheets to the doors. After that, they then turned on all of the showers and faucets on as hot as they would go. They made their own sauna, and it was so awesome!! I took my camera in, and I got one good shot because the lens would fog up so fast. 

When we aren't goofing off, which is never, we are studying. We actually do hold together pretty well, and we study in the classroom for about 10 hours a day. To me this is astounding, let alone impressive if you can command my attention for 5 minutes. We sort of split the time between learning the language and learning to teach/preparing to teach. I can tell that I have grown so much in my ability to teach.

We made some goals this week, and I think they can really help me out. I personally have never been a goal person, and have a hard time setting goals for myself let alone keeping them. I am hoping that by being more obedient to the rules we have here, the more I will be able to succeed.


I can tell you one thing, I have been praying ten-fold, and that is not an exaggeration. We pray almost every hour of the day I think. I have also been reading through the Book of Mormon and I have found some really awesome chapters. 2nd Nephi 31 and 32 are pretty awesome, as well as any chapter in Alma between 30-42. Alma is the man! I think it's probably my favorite book

I'm really hoping to change my character, because I know that through the experiences I will have out in Germany will only make me a better person. I'm really grateful for the friends here that put up with my child like behavior, and hopefully I will become the mature adult that I will need to be in order to do this work. It is tough, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I love it here, I love what I am learning, I love German, and I love what I am becoming. Keep me updated friends and family!

Also, I can respond daily with written letters, but I usually throw away the envelope as soon as I open it. So if you write me, write your address inside so I can reply! I got a letter but I don't have an address to send it to!

Love,
Kevin


No comments:

Post a Comment