Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Today's Letter from Kevin at the MTC (Missionary Training Center)

Hey All,
Not that long since I last wrote, so there doesn't seem to be a whole lot for me to write.

The MTC is very strict, and we are supposed to be working every minute we are available. This has been really hard for me, and I would have to say that the MTC is probably the hardest thing I have ever done. Still, I am learning lots and I would say I have gotten used to almost everything. It has been really awesome getting letters here and there, and it is one of the things we look forward to most. It's kind of like a "Who is missed the most" contest, or something like that. 

I really can't think of much else to say, just because it has been pretty uneventful. But, I did find something in my room that we like to call the Narnia box. A Narnia box is when you take out the screws from a metal panel that would cover an electrical outlet that doesn't have any circuits or live outlets. So just a flat metal cover in case you want to activate it later. Anyway, I noticed three out of the four screws were missing, so I rotated the panel and behold! There was gum, candy, and a note and testimony from another Elder that had stayed in our room at one point. He is in the Bakersfield California Mission, so I am eager to hear If Elder Angus knows him!

Here at the MTC we do just about anything for fun. We tell stories, make jokes, eat candy...or you can play dodge ball with the balls some missionary got in the mail from his mom! That was pretty fun, but it's kind of hard when it is just a long hall. Another thing here is to establish a reputation for yourself. Here in the German  zone, I am sometimes known as "The Black Ninja" because I have my black Sunday socks, my black PJ bottoms and top, and a German banner around my head.  

Well, that's all for now. Today the new missionaries come in, so it will be nice not to be the newbie. Write me if you can and hope you enjoy the letters!


No comments:

Post a Comment