Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I officially have 13 days until I leave, and have 12 full days left becuase I think we leave at 2 or 3 in the morning on Tuesday..but I'll probably just pull an all nighter and drink sparkling apple cider with the guys!

I apologize that all of my letters sound relatively the same, but once I get out of the MTC I'll have more to report on.

I have been picking up on my German still, but it has kind of slowed down. Certainly glad that I took two years in High School! I have forgotten much, but these last few weeks have really helped me prepare to go to Germany. We had a devotional the other day, and the speaker said something that really stuck with me. He said, "It doesn't matter how well you conjugate verbs and all that stuff, it matters that people see that you care. There was a missionary in Russia that when he got there, got to know everyone. The members told me his grammer was terrible, but it was his thoughts and personality that touched all of them, not his words". It went something like that, and I recognize that my German will probably make people's ears bleed and make them cringe, but I hope I can convey my love to the people in a way that they will get a sense of my desires to help.

Everyone here is so excited to leave, but we all know that once we leave we won't ever be all together again. Kinda sad. I will say, it feels like I have known  the guys that I live with forever. I mean they have become some of my best friends. Even when there is someone that is hard to get along with, there are a few things that we have in common. We are all children of god, and we share the same beliefs and gospel. Here we help each other live right, and it is just so much fun. I have made friends here that in high school or college I probably would never have associated with, and they are some of my favorite people.

Sometimes I look down at my tag and see the name of the church in German, and I still can't believe I am a missionary of God. It's quite a title really. Powerful, yet a very humble one. The church's name in German is Kirche Jesu Christ der Heiligen der Letzten Tage. Was kind of confusing at first, but I'm starting to undestand a lot of things a lot more. I can already tell that this is going to change who I am going to be, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. 

Lately I've been missing little things like music. Really that's the only thing I can think of right now, other than that I am pretty content. We listened to some church music and that was a little difficult for me given my past music style. Hopefully my music tastes will remain the same when I come back.

They have been doing some construction around here lately, so I decided to hop into one of the machines when we had some free time. There are also people who drive golf carts around campus, and they just leave the keys there for like 10 minutes! It's begging for a hot lap around the campus...but they might not think it's as fun as I think. I don't think anyone thinks certain things are as fun as I think. I'm pretty much like a todler, but anyone who knows me already knew that.

Well not much else to report on, more stories coming within the next month!

Elder (Kevin) Andrew


No comments:

Post a Comment