Wednesday, June 11, 2014

So this week in an attempt to break free from one of the other Elder's grip, we kind of wrestled and in the process ripped my pants from front to back! I would have been mad, but it should be a pretty simple fix! Also, I got a couple of packages this week, and that was a lot of fun! I got some new toys to throw at other missionaries! The sad thing is, is that bouncy balls are pretty much one of our favorite things. We also like to pop our paper bags that we get from bagged lunches, and it makes a really awesome bang! Unfortunately, some older folks do not appreciate that kind of humor, so we got scolded. 

This week we have kind of been slap happy. I think it's something they put in the water, but who knows. I find it harder and harder to focus sometimes, and I think I'm beginning to think in German a little bit. This week we listened to two paragraphs of a general conference talk by Dieter F Uchtdorf and wrote down words we didn't know. Only then did I realize how terrible my listening skills were. Hopefully That will change soon enough though, because it took us a good half hour to translate it! 

Just last friday we got out flight itinerary. We will be leaving the combine at 430 in the morning and will be taking off out of salt lake at 830! Then we land in Dallas at 12 local time, and have a four hour layover..After that, we will have a 9.5 hour flight directly to the Frankfurt airport. Things are getting crazy here! Everyone is ready to leave I will say that much. 

It's been really interesting to see my own growth in the MTC. I think I have greatly improved my German skills, and some of the rules just kind of apply themselves when I talk. But I think I have also become more tolerant, more thoughtful of others (I would hope), and more receptive to what people need to hear. I'm looking forward to the long flight, and hopefully I'll be able to jam that much more into my head before I leave. This is so exciting! And crazy to think that this week is my last in the US for 2 years. 

Oh one last thing. One of the elders managed to imitate Elmo, except he sounds very very raspy. It's pretty dang funny! We also make fun of Dobbey from Harry potter and many other things. It helps us get through the day.

Well that's about it. Hopefully more eventful things next week. Keep me updated.



No comments:

Post a Comment