Monday, March 21, 2016

I love Koln!

Today's PDay was amazing since I got to take the other elders around
Köln! It wasn't anything new that I saw, but I truly feel like I'm
home when I'm there, it's an interesting feeling. But, it was amazing
and we had a great time. We even met Sister Nowak in Köln which was so
much fun. I haven't seen her in over a year, so it was nice catching
up with my mission mom.

I kind of managed my time badly today, so I'll share a few short things
about the week.

After an amazing zone conference in Düsseldorf, I got to be with elder
Sommer and the elder he's training, who's actually from Columbia. How
cool! After the conference I talked to the mission president and I
told him how I've never gotten to drive here or on the autobahn, so
since I was going on a split with the zone leaders he said I could as
long as I was careful. You know, some people like basketball, and some
people like board games. Well, I like driving! We needed to run some
errands and ended up driving for over 2 hours, and I loved and
cherished every minute. It was really really weird at first, but I got
used to it after a while. I'll try to send photos next week.

Something super super cool happened on Sunday. We found some Hungarian
guys at a street display and they really didn't speak any German or
English, but we decided to give it a go and we got him and his friend
a Hungarian book. We wanted to go further, and my mind came to the
thought that I could call a member from my first area and have him
translate. He agreed, and it went so well, the spirit was strong! The
guy told us that he and his friend were reading and felt like it was
like the bible, but that there was something special about the book we
gave him. So now we are going to start meeting with them regularly and
read with them.

Things are moving forward here! It's so much fun, I love it! Luckily
it's warming up too. Anyways, have a good one!








No comments:

Post a Comment