Tuesday, December 15, 2015

First week in Gelsenkirchen


Currently I'm on the train going back from Köln! What a fun PDay! We
were only there for a few hours, but I got to see so many things that
I have fond memories of. As you can imagine, the city hasn't really
changed
 in one year, but a construction project on the Dom was
finished that looked pretty neat. I can't tell you all how happy I was
to be back! It was like coming home! I had quite the fun
time leading around my friends knowing exactly where everything was.

Well, being in a new city has been quite the adventure, and I'm
already making new friends and memories. Gelsenkirchen isn't anything
beautiful, but it's a nice suburban city that has a little bit of a
homey feel to it. What got me excitedis that they have a few
streetcars that run through the city. Right from the start we have
been busy meeting with people which has been really nice.
Most of the people are members, but that's ok, we are going to find
some new people to teach.

Tomorrow we even have a baptism in Herne, the neighboring city,
because we rent a building and don't have a font. I've only met the
lady twice, but she is super nice and she is really ready to be
baptized. It will be exciting, and hopefully a lot of people will
come.

Our apartment is pretty cool, and we live on the seventh floor, which
is the top. And, there is a ladder to get up to the roof, so there's
no way I'm missing this year’s firework show on New Years.

Nothing too big has happened this week, although just yesterday we had
a real big conference with the Düsseldorf zone in Dortmund. What I
realized was that I was there exactly a year ago for last years
Christmas conference. I saw a bunch of my old mission buddies, but I'm
at that point where I don't know anyone anymore, but it was still
pretty fun.

Elder Rogers is my new companion, and he is from Utah, like most of my
companions! So far things are going great, and we have had quite a few
good laughs lately, so things are really looking up.

That's all I've got for this week, everyone is doing well and getting
into the Christmas spirit. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment