Monday, September 21, 2015

A spiritual week -


Hey everyone!

I’m sorry to say that I forgot my journal this week, so I can’t really
remember what happened this week. I’ll do my best though! I’ll just
start off with today since today was pretty much my Dream Pday.

Last night we figured out that the International Auto show was here in
Frankfurt, and so I had a mini episode and made the decision for the
companionship that we were going to go! Missionaries from all over
were there, and it was so incredibly cool. It was fun to get a new
taste, because I have only ever been to the Detroit Auto show. But,
this was the show for all of Europe. We got to see some pretty
spectacular exhibits, and I even got to sit in the driver’s seat of an
Audi R8 that cost over 200,000 euro. It was awesome! Although, I’m
hopeful that I’ll make it for next year back home so I can go with my
dad, who is a little more enthusiastic than your average missionary!

This week I had a very special thing happen to me. We got this
call from a less active we work on and off with, and she just told us
how miserable she was, and how she wants to come back to church and
how she misses her family. I asked her what she wanted us to help her
with and talk about when we would come the following day, and she
said, "I believe in inspiration, you will figure it out." Way to put
on the pressure!! Because she said her son wasn’t going to be there, we
needed to bring somebody else to accompany us. Well we wanted to bring
Greg because he is American like she is, and also because he was
in the army. She worked on the military base, so we thought it would
be perfect..but he never picked up the phone! So the morning came, and
I was praying about who I should bring to the appointment, and a name
came into my head that was the name of one of the senior couples in
our ward. They work for the church, but aren’t associated with the
Frankfurt mission. I figured it was a good idea since they were
American too, so I invited them. Well, during the appointment
hometowns and families got brought up and the woman asked the couple
if they knew a certain guy. Turns out he was their home teacher back
in the states! Not only that, but this man she asked about was her
uncle!! They got up and hugged and the woman looked at me and gave me
a pretty approving smile. Boy was I not only relieved, but shocked!
What an awesome miracle! It just set the tone for the rest of the
meeting, and it went great! God really does know and love us, if that
wasn’t him working through us, then I don’t know what is.

I don’t know why, but this week has been a week for feeling the spirit.
We had two lessons where as questions and problems arose, I just said
what came into my mind, and as I said them a peace and strength came
over me. It was such a great experience both times, and testifies to
me of the importance of missionary work. One of the guys we met with
agreed with everything we said, and he turned into a new investigator!
Woohoo! He’s a super nice guy and everything just went fantastic.

I love this work!! It’s so awesome! There are times that I want to be
home, but I have these experiences and it assures me that I am
supposed to be here, and not only am I helping these people, but I am
learning invaluable lessons from the Lord. I know he’s there! There’s no
way that he couldn’t be!

Love the letters everyone sends, and I’m grateful for each of you!
Thanks for the love and support!




No comments:

Post a Comment