Monday, May 25, 2015

I'm a Muslim - ha ha!


Well guys, I am officially Muslim! According to Francesco, the meaning of the word Muslim actually means,"Someone who finds peace in obeying God". Isn't that neat? Monday night we met with him, and he totally opened up to us about Islam. I must say. its pretty cool! There are things I don't really agree on, but what a cool and special belief. The people’s dedication to it is pretty unbelievable too, I can say pretty confidently that I don't think I would be able to do it. Pday was pretty stupid since nothing worked out, but our meeting with him made the day. He’s pretty much my brother from another mother, haha. 

As a lot of you know, we had our transfer call last weekend, but Elder Andrus and I stayed. Our district only changed by one person! So last week we said goodbye to Elder Fox, and this week we welcome Elder Gaijdos, who was actually in my MTC group! I am pretty excited to work with him again.

I had 2 highlights of my week but this one was unfortunately far from spiritual! This last week we had a split and I got to go on base in Grafenwöhr! This time I actually got on, and drove around. There were so many soldiers dressed in uniform and so many cars, that it really did feel like I was in America. It felt so good! But, then we went to the shopping center and was told I could buy whatever I wanted! So, walking around with a basket and looking like a kid in a candy store, I picked out....well...candy actually! I ended up spending only 10€ which was a total mistake. But, on the bright side I got pop tarts, Mountain Dew, some caramels, and a lot of sour patch kids. The people we were with just kept saying, "Don't embarrass me Elder!" just because I kept pointing and laughing. My experience was similar to a teen girl at a Justin Bieber concert, except that it wasn't anything that I regretted later on.

Saturday was a very very dry day, and there really was not much for us to do other than just talk to random people on the street, but since that is one of the most unproductive ways to use time (usually), we found some other things that we needed to do. Finally at the end of the day we had our one appointment that we were super excited for, but that fell out as we stood in front of the door. With nothing else to do, we did the only thing we could do, which is talk to random people. On the third or fourth person, just as everyone else, he said no initially. We said something though that got his attention, and he came back! Not only did we give him a book, but we ended up talking with this guy for 30 or 40 minutes on a park bench! It was awesome! That has got to be the second or third time that has happened on my mission, so it was quite a miracle, and something we really needed at the end of a harsh day. The Lord takes care of us! He said he would call us because he had a lot of questions, so we will see what happens.

Well I hope you all have a good week, and I can’t believe next Monday is June! I don’t know how the year is already almost half way over! Thanks for all the support and love,

Kevin       



No comments:

Post a Comment