Monday, March 2, 2015

I GOT INTO BYU!!!!!


I would first like to start out by saying...I got into BYU!! 

Pretty exciting news to get on a mission, but at the same time it’s hard to imagine it since it is over a year and a half away haha. This week was good with some interesting experiences.

This week I have been studying what I need to do to have the Spirit direct me and help me, and I have come to the conclusion that it is pride holding me back. Simple as that! I got a really awesome talk by Kim B Clark called Are Ye Stripped of Pride. Well, I can tell you that I’m not! Haha. So that is going to be my project for the months if not years to come. 

I won’t lie; I had one of my more interesting experiences on my mission this week. One of my investigators drank a little before we met up, and it was really hard to understand what he was saying, because he was slurring his words a lot and because they made no sense! The lesson went virtually nowhere, so we will have to re-teach that one. I’ll share some of his thoughts that contradicted each other every two or so sentences. "Jesus was only a guy who did good things, there are plenty of people who play his role", "God gave us everything; The earth, air, food, water, drugs!", "If I had the power to be Jesus, I would be the Devil". Haha, once we got home we just kept saying those things over and over. It was really too bad to see him like that and not be able to teach. 

We met with our whole district for one last time. This week we had a leaver and also we had our district leader get transferred to Frankfurt. I hope the newbies are fun! I already really get along with the new District leader and we hang out most Pdays. Today was a little different. Today we did a little shopping and then we went to a gym with our good friend AJ. And it was fun!  I certainly haven’t been in a long time though. I am so sore! 

Teaching was a little slower this week, but we visited our good friend Erik and we helped him with some chores he can’t do since his health is only getting worse and worse. To show his appreciation, he gave us each a tie! They are awesome too! He came to church, which was awesome too. We also got to help him this morning walk to his insurance company. He is too frail to go alone, and is scared to death that he will fall. 

Because teaching was weak, we did a lot of going by on people on previous records. We handed out a few cards, and then after a struggle to find a less active member we met a really great guy from Ethiopia and he wants to meet with us on Wednesday next week

That’s mostly it for this week and I almost have to go. I love hearing from you all, and I hope you all have wonderful weeks!

Kevin



No comments:

Post a Comment