Monday, July 20, 2015

Happy BIrthday to me!

Hey everyone, another great week here in Germany! Unfortunately I
don't have an update on our golden investigators from last week, but
we are determined to start meeting this week now that they are out of
the hospital and on the road to recovery!

This week we did a lot of contacting, or rather we spent a lot of time
doing it but we didn't actually talk to that many people. It's not so
much that we didn't want to talk to anyone, but rather because when we
had it in our minds to contact everyone was gone! On a good note, we
had a pretty good contact to books given out ratio. The only way we
knew that was because they were so close together!

One of the days we went contacting was in Aschaffenburg while waiting
on a contact from a previous week to show up for a mini lesson. I
don't know why, but I felt almost unable to contact anyone, and elder
draper was super tired because he had slept on the train. I felt like
going over to the castle that I sent photos of last week, and I found
somebody I felt comfortable contacting. Unfortunately she didn't like
us, but the guy down a few benches without a shirt and earbuds in
ended up talking to us for like 25 minutes! He talked to us about how
he and his friends loved discussing religion, and gladly took a book
and gave us his number, so maybe we will meet with his group.

On a similar note we actually did meet with a religious group of
people around our age. We met this cool guy Ahmet in the bus, and he
really respects what we do, so he invited us to this multi religious
group that just likes talking about god. It was really cool how all of
them accepted us and how comfortable we were, and we all got along.
Turns out one of the girls there is actually from Davison Michigan, so
that was pretty cool!

In other news, I turned 20 this week. It was pretty strange thinking
that it was the last week I would ever be a teenager, but hopefully my
20s will be a lot wiser and even better!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a productive week and I'd like to thank
you guys for the birthday wishes! I miss you guys more than you think,
so lots of love from Deutschland! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment