Monday, November 17, 2014

Good news everyone! I didn’t get my tie cut off! Turns out it is some time early next year. Still, Carnival began this week and it was so cool! Try Halloween x10. Everyone in the streets is dressed up. I’d say the difference is that instead of eating candy everyone is drinking haha. It was one of the coolest days in Germany, but 100% sure that it was the least sober for everyone else. Actually...the World Cup might have been tied, but that was going on while I was asleep. A few people pointed and laughed at us saying it was funny that we dressed up as Jehovah Witnesses. For whatever reason, people here just avoid them like the plague, so they avoid us sometimes. Kinda funny actually. On the first day of carnival, we got on a streetcar and some guys were joking around with us and they were dressed pretty crazy, so I asked if I could snap a photo. They said yes and then had Elder Dean and I take photos for them when we got off. They offered me shots, beer, and wine, which they claimed was alcohol free. Haha, so you mean to say it is grape juice? Fun...very interesting day. 

We also actually ended up meeting up with Daniel, and we had a very good talk after getting some hot chocolate. I only planned on buying him one, so when he saw that we weren’t getting any he bought us both one. Sneakily, I snuck like 5 euro back into his pocket haha. We have another meeting with him this week too, and I am very excited for that.

We also now have a new investigator named John! He is from Ghana and has had a very hard life. We are working with him and are trying to help him out. Yesterday we had him at church as well as another guy we taught. Yeah, that guy showed up for like 10 minutes, hit on someone, and then went out for a smoke. Right.

This week I had the privilege of going to Wuppertal for the baptisms of a small family. Not sure if anyone remembers, but on a split I went and taught them. It was an amazing experience and I got to see them baptized! The Dad baptized the Mom and the stepdaughter, it was so nice. They were happy to see me there, and it was just an awesome service where we got to talk to some non-members. 

This morning we also had the sisters over for brunch, but since they aren’t allowed in our apartment they just chilled in the halls while Elder Dean cooked and I served very yummy french toast. Today we will be joining them and many other missionaries in Bonn for the Haribo Factory! Woohoo sweets!

Well, that’s pretty much the week minus some drama haha, but who cares. Thanks for the letters and have a good week!








Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment