Monday, December 15, 2014

I LOVE KOLN!


Last Pday we had over 20 missionaries visit Köln to visit the Dom as well as all of the Christmas Markets. I mean I cant blame them for wanting to visit the coolest city in the mission...just kidding! So I have already been to the top of the Dom twice, and since there were so many people who wanted to do it, I went on a mini split with Elder Ashton! It was only for an hour or so, but it was a lot of fun! After that, I tried to lead everyone around the Christmas markets so they could see them since I have known my way around for a while. They wanted to see everything but man they walked like a pack of turtles! Haha. Now I know Moses´pain haha. Nah, it wasn’t that bad, but it sure was fun seeing everyone enjoy the city I love so much. 

This week we had a lesson with a former investigator, and then his girlfriend came! It was really cool and we had a great discussion. We set up a return appointment and we also are trying to get appointments with two other former investigators.

Our Mission Leader, Casey, promised us blessings when if we would start contacting more. He said they would come through our efforts or by other means, and boy have we seen blessings! This week we got 3 referrals from Mormon.org in one day, and on that same day we got a text at 1 am from a former investigator. Needless so say we have tried getting a time together. I was warned by her previous missionary to keep my mind on teaching her and not on her. Asking what that meant, he said she was really pretty. Dang it! So, I’m hoping she’s not my type and I get past that! 

I would also like to say a quick but needed thank you to Brother Dance for going to the effort of getting my package to me here in Köln! It was awesome!  Great to see him, too.

On the 13th, we had our ward party! It was way fun and Santa brought us tons of food. Because of the package mom sent with Brother Dance, Elder Dean and I got all decked out in Christmas attire. One of the young men in the ward liked my tie so much that later he told me he had looked all over the Internet for it. He also told me that when I go home I should give it to him. Haha! Everyone loved my socks, hat, and tie, and I was asked several times if I was Santa. Our investigator John was there, and we think he really enjoyed it. We still have some things to teach him, so we pushed his date for baptism back a weekend. Things are starting to look up for him though! A member has started helping him out to get a job here since the process is just straight up ridiculous. So much paperwork and this and that.

This week was really good. Hope you are all having a good time back home, and that you have a white Christmas!






No comments:

Post a Comment